PET FOOD DILEMMA
The first step to solving any problem is recognizing there is one.
This is especially true when it comes to pet food. It’s very hard to solve a problem when people aren’t even aware that a problem exists. Pet owners buy pet food, blindly placing their faith in the industry, yet so few really know anything about the food they are buying, and this is where the problem begins. That’s about to change.
Pet Food Part 1: The Evolution of Pet Food
How pet food began, and how we got to where we are today.
A Brief Review
Pet foods began around the time of World War 2 with grains and with meats that had been rejected from the human market and rather than waste them, they were rerouted into pet foods. The meats were often characterized as the 5 D’s… dead, diseased, dying, disabled, and even drugged.
We feel poor nutrition is the reason pets don’t live into their 20’s, but instead die somewhere between 13 and 15 years of age.
Corn, wheat, and soy are 3 known allergens that are often used to increase the protein in the guaranteed analysis, yet they can be highly indigestible for pets. Ask yourself, what good is a protein source if it is indigestible for your pets, is this really what you want to be feeding your dog or cat?
Pet Food Part 2: By-Products, Bone Meal & Chemical Preservatives
They are not what you think. The shocking truth… can be shocking.
A Brief Review
By-products are a common ingredient often used in pet foods and are very similar to corn wheat and soy in that they are also indigestible protein sources. They don’t have to contain meat, and may include diseased and contaminated slaughterhouse meat and even hair. How is it that by-products are usually in the list of top ingredients in pet food? Do you think this kind of nutrition is healthy for your dog or cat?
(NOTE: Have you noticed a pattern…lots of indigestible protein sources. Where are your pets supposed to get their protein from?)
Meat and bone meal… may legally include road kill and pets from vets offices that have been ground up in rendering factories and added to pet food. These animals may have died from many different causes, may have been treated with antibiotics or steroids, and may have even been euthanized. Once again, the question needs to be asked, is this an optimal diet for your pet?
Now lets consider the top 3 chemical preservatives used in pet food. BHA, BHT (both are known carcinogens and have also been known to cause live and kidney problems in pets), and Ethoxyquin, which is used as a rubber stabilizer (oh wow).
Why do pet food companies use these chemicals when there are safer alternatives? These chemicals provide a two year shelf life for pet food, that’s why. This saves on manufacturing costs and increases profits while shortening the life of your pet. It is not uncommon for pet foods to sit around in a warehouse, or in semi trucks for as long as 18 months before you buy it. These foods would have to be thrown away if not for these chemicals, and yet these very chemicals are unsafe for your dog or cat. Do you want to be feeding unsafe chemical ingredients to your pets?
Pet Food Part 3: The Guaranteed Analysis
Guarantees are not always what you think. The guaranteed analysis has it’s own shocking truth too, you don’t want to miss this video.
A Brief Review
The Guaranteed Analysis – it’s easy to create a correct analysis with cheap ingredients, with indigestible ingredients, but this is the wrong way to make or buy pet food. Yet most people buy dog food with indigestible ingredients. There needs to be nutritious and digestible ingredients in a correct analysis to provide your pet with a truly healthy food.
When choosing pet foods, ask yourself these four important questions:
- Where was my pet food made? Was it made in a USDA certified facility for quality control and cleanliness?
- Where did the ingredients come from? Were they carefully chosen and selected ingredients, or are they the cheapest available ingredients that have been rejected for people?
- How old was the food when I bought it? Was it made in small quantities to ensure freshness and high potency, or was it mass produced and sat around in multiple warehouses before I ever bought it?
- Who can I talk to and ask these kinds of questions? Will my local pet store be able to help me? Is it possible to talk to the people who actually produced the food to see what kinds of processes were used?
How Do I Get Healthier Products?
I’ll show you how you can simply order direct. Why is ordering direct important to you as well as to your pet?
- It guarantees freshness.
- It keeps the food safe, rather than sitting around in uncontrolled temperature environments for months on end, or longer.
- Eliminates the middle man.
- Allows you to feed your pets for free when you take advantage of our special program.
- Ordering direct protects you in the event of a recall because the company has direct contact with all of their customers and know who they are. What other pet food company can say that? Let us introduce you to a pet food company that has never had a recall, but it’s good to know if the worst were to ever happen, you and your pet will be contacted immediately.
Thank you for taking the time to view this information, and for
thinking enough of your pets health to consider making a change.
Want more information? Click here.
But what about pet treats?
The above information applies to pet treats as well as to pet food. It’s important to read your ingredient labels on all food and treat items you give to your pets.